Thursday, February 11, 2016

Food Monster Escape: Coco Ichibanya Curry

coco ichibanya curry grand indonesia intro | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
Happy Chinese New Year guys! I left my blog for a week, did this and that. I also made some future plans for this blog and my Youtube channel. I want to accomplish many things this year, just like Dustin Purtan said in his tweet; "2016 will be a selfish year. My time will be invested on me. On improving myself. I want to become a better person physically and mentally." 
In this post, I want to tell you about this best Japanese curry in town (in my opinion), Coco Ichibanya Curry. It's located inside Grand Indonesia, West Mall Level 3A. I've wanted to try it for so long and I finally got a chance to eat it with my family last Christmas. Let's get started!
coco ichibanya curry grand indonesia | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
Here are some shots of it interior; it's quite cozy with wood furniture, some plants, and yellowish lighting. Most of the tables are for 2-4 people, there is also a long table facing the kitchen but I didn't take a proper photo of it.
coco ichibanya curry grand indonesia tables | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
Let's order! I was so hungry ;p
coco ichibanya curry grand indonesia menu | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id

Chicken Cutlet Omelette Curry (IDR 70k)
coco ichibanya curry chicken cutlet omelette | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id This one was mine. I ordered chicken cutlet omelette curry in normal portion. So, we can customize our rice, level of spiciness, and topping. The standard rice size is 250gr and you can add or less with unit 100grams. I ordered mine in level 3 of spiciness and I ended up add much more chili powder because it was not spicy for me.
coco ichibanya curry chicken cutlet omelette 2 | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
If I have to describe this dish in one word, it will be fluffy. I mean, it was literally fluffy, lol. The omelette was so soft and it's perfectly cooked with some creamy texture, so was the rice. I ate it with the curry sauce and boom! It. was. so. freaking. delicious. The curry sauce was so rich and smelled good, it was even more delicious with extra chili powder. How about the chicken cutlet? It was crunchy when I first bit it, then I could taste the chicken which was soft, juicy, tender, perfectly cooked, it was so good I'm not lying ㅠㅠ
coco ichibanya curry chicken cutlet omelette details | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
I don't usually eat curry this clean, you know. Coco Ichibanya Curry is exception. The food monster inside my tummy was super happy, he didn't even cry for food anymore that day, lol.

Fried Chicken Omelette Curry (IDR 70k)
coco ichibanya curry fried chicken omelette | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
coco ichibanya curry fried chicken omelette rice | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
My brother ordered this one, omelette curry with fried chicken or karaage. Everything tasted basically the same with mine, but his was less spicy. I ate one of the karaage and it was also so delicious. It's juicy, tender, perfectly cooked and well seasoned. 

Chicken Cutlet and Vegetable Curry (IDR 78k)
coco ichibanya curry chicken cutlet and vegetables rice | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
coco ichibanya curry chicken cutlet and vegetables | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
The third one was my mom's, it basically tasted similar with mine without omelette and vegetables in addition. I tried all the vegetables; carrots, potatoes, kind of string beans, and onions. It was not overly cooked and tasted delicious with the curry sauce.

Fried Fish Curry (IDR 58k)
coco ichibanya curry fried fish | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
coco ichibanya curry fried fish rice | japobsganbare.blogspot.co.id
The last dish was this fried fish curry, it was my dad's. He (almost) always order food with fish in it. Gomen ne, I didn't try this one because I was already so full and to be honest I'm not a fan of fish. I love seafood but I just eat some kinds of fish. My dad said it was delicious, tho.

----------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I enjoyed my visit to Coco Ichibanya Curry! Waiters and waitresses were also so friendly and the most important part is that the food was super delicious. I will come back for sure. You may think the prices were quite pricey but in my opinion the food totally worth the price ;)



Like us

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...