Thursday, July 2, 2015

Food Monster Escape: Mangkok Manis

Coconut Delight- 30k
やあ, こんばんは! It seems like dessert is a new trend in Indonesia. You can easily find a dessert house wherever you are. In this post, I will tell you about a dessert house in Bandung; it's originally located at Jalan Cihampelas No. 101 but I visited their temporary booth in Istana Plaza. Let me tell you a story behind these photos. I went to Istana Plaza to have lunch so I didn't bring my DSLR with me. After I had lunch, I spotted this booth near the car exhibition. I ever heard about it from my friend and I want to try it too. The problem is, I didn't have my camera and my phone was also dead. I actually could just eat it without taking any pictures but yeah...I was too blog-oriented, hahaha. I went back to my kost and took my camera then went to Istana Plaza again with public transportation. I wish you like this post :))
Back to Mangkok Manis; it's literally means sweet bowl. Their signature is coconut delight, dessert served in coconut shell. We can pick our favorite ice cream, pudding, and toppings. Basically we'll get 2 scoops ice cream in same/different flavor and 4 toppings (pudding is included in toppings category if I'm not mistaken). Mine was vanilla and strawberry ice cream with black forest pudding, lychee, peach, and nata de coco. The pudding itself is delicious but I don't think it suited my other toppings, lol. Overall, it's not too sweet which means I love it. It's quite affordable with price range IDR 20k - 30k.
They also offer another type of desserts, like ice cream with some 'fancy' cone or pudding favorite. If you visit Bandung to do culinary tour or wisata kuliner, count this place in! :)

Like us

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...